‘Thinglink Mobile’ is an app that allows you to create,very easily, interactive images, infographics, photos, and presentations by ‘tagging’ your image with video, text, photos, music and podcasts etc. It can be installed on your mobile device and is available on both the iTunes App Store and on Google Play for free. ThingLink is also available online if you’d prefer to use it there.
A ThingLink about ThingLink!
Unfortunately, an interactive ThingLink cannot be embedded into wordpress.com, so I’ve linked it from this static image of it below. When you get to my ThingLink, click it to get started and then click all the little red icons that display on it to access my embedded media.
I made this interactive ‘ThingLink’ on my iPad mini, then logged into the web based application to get the weblink so that I could share it with you here.
1. Download ThingLink Mobile from either the iTunes App store or Google Play
2. Take a photo of your office
3. Embed a random YouTube video and some text
4. Log into the web based ThingLink and using the share options available, post your saved ThingLink to Twitter for the group to see!
5. Search for some of the 12 Apps participants’ streams as you see their ThingLinks appear on twitter @12appsDIT. My username is Boylanfm if you’d like to search for, and follow, a ‘stream’ to test it out.
Don’t forget to tweet #12appsDIT your opinion of this app, or indeed post a comment below. Let us know your ideas on how to use it effectively with students to transform teaching, learning and assessment practices. The more we share, the more we learn!
All materials provided on The 12 Apps of Christmas at DIT blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Licence
CC BY-NC-SA 2.0.